Old 07-01-09, 10:16 AM
hocker

Bikes: Road and Mountain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkirby
Thanks for the feedback. There is about 45 minutes left in the auction. I am on the fence but I am thinking about letting it go. Although probably worth every penny, even if I got it for $2200 or $2300, it would be about $500 over what I expected to spend on a bike right now. Maybe I will keep my eyes on an 07, more in my price range. Thanks again.
As someone who has bought a lot of bikes over the last couple years, high-end, beaters, etc., my advice to you is to buy your bike from your local bike shop. Ebay has some great deals, but if you are spending that much on a bike you should at least get a warranty on the frame, or some type of crash replacement policy. I have an Opal, 2009, and the lifetime warranty is for original purchaser only. You could join a team and be a part of their group buy as I got my Opal (price is confidential) at a huge discount - seriously it was substantial. In your price range I would probably see if you can get something with Rival or at least 105, carb/alum frame, order some race wheels from Soul for about $450, sell the wheels that came on the bike on CL. So for about $2000 you got yourself a new racer with a warranty and you have established a relationshiop with your LBS. I can't begin to describe how important this is.