View Single Post
Old 07-01-09, 11:52 AM
kayakdiver
ah.... sure.

Bikes: Specialized.... schwinn..... enough to fill my needs..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bikebadooba
Looking for some general advice/feedback.

I recently bought the Brooks B17 standard. I've heard mixed reviews as far as how comfortable it is initially. The general consensus seemed to be: if it's going to work out for you, you'll know right away and likewise if it's not.

After mounting the saddle and taking a ride, I feel like my entire body is working to keep my rump on the saddle. Left unsupported I slide painfully off the front. My saddle angle is currently not adjustable. I can see where, with some breaking in, my sit bones will gently settle into some depressions and be more likely to stay put. However, right now I find myself not riding, because I feel too unstable.

1) Is this a typical first time Brooks response?
2) Is there a Brooks that sits more level so I don't slide off the front?
3) Does changing the texture of the leather help with this? (ie pre-aged, etc)

It should be noted that my current reach is too long, and my body angle will be corrected with a new stem within the week. However, even positioning myself at a proper angle and propping my hands up, the result is the same.

Any recommendations or advice is welcome. Thanks!
Tomson or other quality post for starters. Until this gets solved(tilt) it will suck without regard to what brand of saddle you have under your posterior.