View Single Post
Old 07-01-09, 03:22 PM
Chop!

Bikes: GoBike, Long-john, Strida III, Oke Ja recumbent, Brompton, Moulton, BSA, Strida 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joseff
From the ride height and fender design, it's likely to have come from Yogyakarta.
Here's a Becak Yogya identification guide:
http://issuu.com/matatita/docs/becak
If you go several pages towards the front, there's another article on becak, including manufacturer contact and pricing.
The traditional-style like yours go for up to GBP150, and the modern more streamlined one with 5 speeds go for GBP120. GBP2.50 buys you custom fender paintjob.
A 2-year registration is 63p.

The latest number plates begin with YB. Yours, hmm... could be an older style? Can't help there, sorry!
"Satu Hati" appears to be the becak co-op name, this is #1 of the lot. And "Kiki" is likely to be the owner's name.

Can I post this thread to an Indonesian cycling forum? People from Yogyakarta should be able to help more.
Thanks for the interesting link! And yes, by all means post this thread, if it helps me get more info, that would be great!

P.S. went to the pub on it this afternoon, (see pics including barmaid trying it for size) but GF suddenly had an awful lot to do as soon as I mentioned our 'adventure' LOL! So we didn't go out at all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P7010561.jpg (56.3 KB, 19 views)
P7010562.jpg (47.5 KB, 14 views)
P7010563.jpg (56.9 KB, 23 views)
Site for the Rock& Roll Tour Bus that I drive.
Chop! The mad Welshman, lost in the urban jungle somewhere between LLanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Vladivostock!