JoeOxfordCT
JoeWolcottCT

Bikes: Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 55/Rad
On the contrary - it works perfectly and it looks beautiful. If anything, I don't have it set up to maximize it's potential capabilities. This is a function of me, not the system.

My point is, if all you are going to do is replace your standard 53/39 + 12/27 combo with a 50/34 + 11/23, you won't noticeably gain anything. I'm thinking a custom 11/25 or 11/27 cassette would give me the benefit but I'm not sure I need it at this time. I am happy knowing I could go there if needed.

55/Rad

Rad, I believe you got 10sp with your new compact setup right ?
What are your thoughts on a custom 10sp cassette ?
I am actually going to finally pick up my Felt tomorrow
I ended up returning the FSA Energy compact and ordering the FSA Gossamer MegaExo compact....
Other than that the bike is Ultegra 10sp w/11-23. I am hoping that should give me plenty of gearing for training in (rather) hilly western CT. But I am harboring thoughts of getting a custom "hilly century" cassette should I actually find enough time to train for one . However, I'd like to hang onto the 50-11 gear should I look for a cassette with a 27 or even 30 cog. Sheldon Brown hasn't really updated his entire site with 10sp cassette info. I am assuming he could make a 10sp "high & wide" 11-30 or something similar....

I suppose I should actually ride the bike first before I worry about stuff like this huh ??
Oh well