Old 07-01-09, 11:08 PM
yoder
Mostly Harmless

Bikes: Custom commuter made from Civia Prospect frame, Raleigh Sports (1971), custom road bike from a steel 2003 Fuji Marseille frame, 29er SS MTB built up from a Vassago Jabberwocky frame, Surly Long Haul Trucker (customzed for fully loaded touring)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To me, the Seattle area has some of the best weather in the world. Much better than any other place I've lived. I don't like extreme heat, and I don't like it too sunny. I have no problem with overcast--no need for sunglasses, etc. Those clouds are like a blanket in the winter; they keep it from getting too cold, and it almost never freezes. You will notice the coldest days there are the clear ones. It rains a lot of days, but actually the amount of rain in inches is not more than DC, Chicago, or Boston. In fact, cities like Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Houston get way more rain than Seattle, which ranks like 45th in annual rainfall in the US among major cities. It is generally a very mild rain, and given the mild temperatures, not a big deal.