View Single Post
Old 07-06-09, 02:46 AM
CitizenChain
Old 55t Hammerman

Bikes: 1982 Colnago Mexico, 1990 Colnago Spiral Conic, 1971 Masi "Special" Pista, 1977 Colnago Super, 1982 Trek 560, 1981 Raleigh SC, 1985 Merckx GS, 1993 RB-1/8, 1993 X0-2, 1981 Miyata Gold Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
HEY! That's OUR business model!

When I first started flipping, about 6 years ago, the "Added Value" was more than the money. I took great satisfaction in finding and fixing a wounded and neglected bicycle and matching it to the right person.
I believe everyone has a LIFE bike out there. I was lucky to find mine in 1982, (Blue Colnago) and after Baylis finishes her Re-Paint.. well.. it's me and my baby be riding again!

2 years ago I took a chance. I opend a bike shop, Crazy I know, but so far I (now we) have been lucky. I think to succeed in any endevour one needs passion and honesty. Passion for what you are doing and dealing with people honestly. It;s EASY to sell someone a bike. It is HARD to sell someone the RIGHT bike.

Thanks for letting me vent. Please find Below our shop's "Declaration of Principles"

"Declaration of Principles"
Citizen Chain promises to provide:

A bike shop that will treat every customer with respect and quality service, regardless of their level of biking experience or the price or make of their bike.

A fighting and tireless champion for bicycles: as a great method of transportation, the source of a unique culture, and most importantly, as the beloved friends of their owners.

Proper resources and safety that give every bicycle and bicyclist the opportunity to live up to their potential.

The tools, education, and opportunity for every rider to find their One Bike, no matter how long it may take.

Honesty, for both the rider and bicycle, about what can and cannot be done.

Signed,
Citizen Chain