View Single Post
Old 07-07-09, 08:27 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
If it fits and you are the end user, and if it's a typical beautiful Bianchi, yeah, I'd spring for the $500. Take some items into account. What color is it? Gloss black is worth less than Celeste.
Take a chain checker along with you. If you don't have one, buy one. Regardless of what the ad says, you need to check the chain to see if it has serious wear. Campy 8 speed may be nice stuff, but it is no longer supported by Campy so buying parts is whatever is for sale on ebay or from dealers who specialize in hard to find parts. If it's in good shape, go for the bike. If it's worn and you'll need to replace cassettes, shifters etc. take a step back and re-evaluate.
I know $500 seems high, but Celeste Bianchis bring out the bucks. If that bike was my size in my area and in good shape, I'd spring for the $500. Actually, I just missed a similiar Bianchi with 9 speed Campy for $600.