View Single Post
Old 07-08-09, 07:59 AM
billyymc

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I can't imagine they won't at least meet you partway on the price, if not match it completely. I'd go in and just be honest - tell them $90 is a lot of money for you, but you'd rather buy the bike from them and continue to give them business, and ask them if they can match the price. If they say no, ask them what is the best they can do on the bike. If they say they can't discount it anymore than the current price, they don't want your business very badly (trust me, they will discount it).

It's best to build a relationship with a shop you feel comfortable with. I patronize two shops in my area - one is about three miles from my house so super convenient, but I really don't like their attitude there. The other is about 12 miles away, a bit of a pain to get to, but they are super to deal with. In fact they treated me so well last time I had an issue that I owe them some beer still.

At the end of the season, I'll go in to the shop I like and see what they can do for me on a new bike for my oldest daughter who is outgrowing her current ride.