Amani576
Buh'wah?!

Bikes: 2014 Giant Trance

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I kinda wish...

I kinda wish I had been born maybe 10-20 years earlier.
Why? Well... think about it. As a cyclist I have all these modern day things that are well established, some mainstream and kinda dull, but still established. There's not as much cool stuff going on anymore.
But think about it, if I had been born about 15 years earlier (I was born in 89) I would have missed the foundations of MTB-ing but would have seen the evolution of it. But I would have seen the creation of modern day BMX (I know, kids on stingrays really formed it) and all the really cool designs and stuff people came up with during it. I mean, back in the 60's no one was dancing on their front wheel (literally), but mid 80's people were and it was cool as hell.
Maybe if I'd been born 20 years earlier, I'd be about 10 during the foundations of Mountain Bikes and that would have been really cool to see, as well.
Iuhno, maybe I'm just too old of a soul for this young body. A large part of me just hates how generic everything seems to be today, which is why I like old bikes so much. When you can go to Wal-Mart and buy either a "Mountain Bike" or a "BMX" bike, it just loses it flavor to me (even though I still want to try both). I know, though, enjoy my youth while I have it .
-Gene-