Thread: Legnano???
View Single Post
Old 07-09-09, 05:58 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,752 Times in 939 Posts
Legnano???

Hi all. I could use a bit of help with this old road bike that came my way the other day. The only identifying element is component related. The steering stem has Legnano etched into it.

I have included detailed shots of the bike with hopes that someone with more Legnano experience can help identify this old steed. In addition...

The rear drops are Campagnolo. The rear brake quick release bracket looks to be made specifically for the bike considering the unusual frame mount. The front forks sport a very unusual crown and the drops are pressed steel. I cannot find a serial number on the bicycle but there does appear to be two numbers stamped into the drive side of the seat tube lug. The bottom bracket housing is 70mm wide and the seat tube inner diameter is 26.4mm or perhaps a touch larger.

That's about where I am at with this old bike. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. If this old Italian bike is indeed a Legnano I intend to restore and ride it. Thanks for any offered help in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Legnano_B_AsFnd_Full_Side_1.jpg (100.7 KB, 84 views)
Legnano_B_AsFnd_Lug_ST_2.jpg (92.7 KB, 58 views)
Legnano_B_AsFnd_Drop_R_3.jpg (96.8 KB, 47 views)
Legnano_B_AsFnd_Hub_F_1.jpg (97.0 KB, 45 views)
Legnano_B_AsFnd_Lug_ST_1.jpg (95.3 KB, 57 views)
Legnano_B_AsFnd_BB_1.jpg (99.3 KB, 46 views)