Thread: brakeless
View Single Post
Old 02-20-05, 04:27 PM
BMXTRIX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. Brakeless is a state of mind. Wrap your hands around your grips and you don't have brakes, pull a finger off and put it on your lever... you do.

2. Brakes needs to be fairly stiff to be effective and use steel bolts and some hardware usually which increases weight. Heavy? Not really, but definitely a noticable amount of weight. In one week your body weight probably fluctuates the amount that your brakes would weigh though.

3. Nothing wrong with brakeless riders as long as you don't have anyone else around you when you are on your bike EVER. I don't think brakeless riders are crazy, but I have seen them run into others more than a dozen times and the ONLY person to blame is the guy without brakes. When two people are headed towards each other, both need to be able to stop. Whether the guy without brakes is or isn't in the right-of-way, he is the one out of control. Put him in front of a car....

Anyway, I have always loved my brakes and despite most of my friends riding without them, I have seen about half put them back on after riding my bike for 15 or 20 minutes... Brakes open up doorways when you use them. They are just another tool to expand horizons in freestyle.