View Single Post
Old 07-10-09, 04:20 PM
Lazyrider
Banned

Bikes: Isaac Impulse, Litespeed Solano, Mongoose Bosberg, Trek 5500, (recently sold Litespeed Classic, Scott Speedster Flat bar)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by camhabib
If I felt like discussing my personal finances with the world, I would have offered that up to begin with. How I was able to procure funds for this should be of no concern to you or anyone else. My parents did not pay for it (would you buy your grown 20y/o son an overly expensive bike, even if you did have the money to), I don't own a house to take an equity loan, and I don't think I could write off a bike on a student loan.

Who you should be questioning are all the 40y/o males with three kids, a mortgage, bills to pay, etc. I'm a student with nothing to spend money on except what I see worth it. I don't even pay for school or room / board as when you TA for the school, they comp that out instead of a salary. If I make $10, I pay uncle his fair share, and I can spend what ever I have left over on what ever I want.

I appreciate everyones concern for the well being of my finances, but seriously, drop it.
Well,
All I will say on this matter is that when people asked you how a 20 year old can "afford" to drop $10k on a bike, you eluded to the fact that you live a frugal lifestyle. However, to also find out you have a an Audi A4 and apparently drive a $110k Porshe, I think it is a little disinegenuous to perpetuate an image that you are doing all this on your own. And as a student nonetheless. If you tell me you did it on your own with some creative internet business, then kudos for you. But I bet you Daddy is your main source of income.

Good for you that you have wealthy parents. I wouldn't begrudge anyone the lifestyle they were born into, but just say, "I have generous parents" that allow me to buy these things even if you think you "paid" for the bike on your own.

Nice bike, but I still say there is a fit issue with it. Too many spacers and seatpost is too high.

Last edited by Lazyrider; 07-10-09 at 05:26 PM.