View Single Post
Old 07-12-09, 07:56 PM
roadie195

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
weight and ride damping request

after almost 4 years of post hip replacement gone bad surgery i returned to the bike 3 months ago. i feel so lucky, thought it was over, but thinks to some pretty mellow pain meds and this great seat www.spongywonder.com i'm back on and doing 150M+ week on average. i highly recommend the spongy wonder seat even if you do not have nerve pain as i do, as i think the concept is valid whereby the weight rests on your large buttocks muscles. it takes some getting used to due to the disconnect in the middle and you will sway back and forth initially but it builds your core to stay straight.

question/help: i was 234lbs. and now 204 but seem to be stuck even with a good lower carb diet and consistent 5 weekly strong rides. any tips for getting off the next 10 lbs? i really think i should be able to shed ten more. i am 6' 1.5" tall.

#2. still have my 04 trek 2200 all aluminum which i still like but it really wears on you with such a stiff / vibrating ride, and was wondering if the best action would be the gel wraps on the bars? anyone had good success with those gel wraps?

thanks, great to be back on the bike..