Thread: Peugot Bikes
View Single Post
Old 07-13-09, 06:27 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 957 Times in 624 Posts
Originally Posted by BrewLeg
Hello all,

I recently was given an older peugot bicycle. I do not have any other identifying marks on the bike but it has the shifters near where the handle bar pivots.

Can anyone give me a good place to start to learn more about this bike and what I can do to get it back into great condition (including minor maintenance)? I am new to riding but would really like to clean this one up, it rides nice now, but want to really give it a good look over and do the typical maintenance before I take it out anywhere far.

Thank you!
Minor maintenance is basically the same on all bikes, its not brand specific at all. Go to the Park Tool site, they give endless details on maintenance. Also surf the mechanics section of this forum.

On Peugeot, there are probably two or more postings a day on Peugeots, its a very popular brand in the vintage world. Do a search of this forum for Peugeot, sort by relevance, and you will have your choice of hundreds of discussions, if not more.

Be sure to spell Peugeot correctly, or you may not find much.