Old 07-13-09, 09:57 AM
unixpro
Laid back bent rider

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree with PDXAero. I've got AAA plus with the RV option because I want to be sure I won't get stuck somewhere even while towing my trailer. I used my AAA membership about a year ago when, coming home from a job interview, my full-sized van broke down on Southbound 405. AAA sent out a flatbed truck that winched the van up onto it and dropped it and me off at the service station all the way down in Burien. I can't begin to imagine what that would have cost if I hadn't had the service. As it was, I didn't pay anything more than my annual fee. For me, for the peace of mind knowing that I can take advantage of something like that, AAA is well worth the money. Of course, I'm the kind of guy who carries a patch kit, a small toolkit, zip ties, duct tape, and spare tubes on every ride.

I can only think of a couple of times I might have used this kind of a service. However, this week my wife is going out of town for 2 weeks. If something catastrophic happens to me on a ride during the next 2 weeks, I'll have to walk. Brakes and flats aren't the only failures you can have while riding. Have you ever had a frame break? How about a bottom bracket disintegrate? Ever break a seat post? Walking into an area with cell coverage is probably going to be a much shorter walk than walking all the way home.