View Single Post
Old 07-14-09, 01:26 PM
andrelam

Bikes: Gerry Fisher Nirvana, LeMond Buenos Aires

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had two molars removed to make room for my upper wisdom teeth and it was done with just a local injection. They popped right out and I felt fine that day. The lower wisdom teeth were impacted, also removed with local, but taken out a little bit at a time ( he had to split it). This was done one side at a time separated by a month of two. On both occasions I was given plenty of local pain killer so the proceedure didn't hurt. Even so I was in no shape to ride or drive home. When I got home my body was quite pissed off at me as it "knew" the trama that was inflicted in my mouth. I felt like complete cr@p and definitely took it easy the next day. I would NOT have wanted to ride my bike and take the risk that elavating my blood pressure could trigger extra bleeding. I was given some stronger pain meds, but they made me dizzy and throw up. After 24 hours things go MUCH better.

So I had two experiences that were worlds appart in how the body responded. Either way I think it would be unwise to risk additional bleeding after any medical proceedure. Sure it is healthy to get exercize, but I don't think you'll find a dentist that would recommend going to the guy after ANY tooth extraction.

Happy riding and good luck. I hope your wisdom teeth come out easy and that you have minimal discomfort. If not, remember that in the 1st 12 to 24 hours you'll feel the worst, after that you'll start to get back to normal quickly. Just do what the Doctor orders.

André