Old 07-15-09, 08:52 AM
geoGraphicFTD
double diamond tram girl

Bikes: surly cross-check, cannondale CAAD8 optimo 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know if the rebuild kit will work...
For the past week I've been thinking "ahhh why won't my left foot clip in?!" and thought it had something to do with my cleat or my shoes. Yesterday I finally looked at the pedal, and what's happening is hard to explain...

The platform and the inner spindle that you clip in to are supposed to rotate independently, but now they're not doing that. The clip part is stuck. I took it to a shop I was near when I realized what the problem was, and they tried to clean it and oil it, which helped a tiny bit, but what's happening is the four clip in bars are kind of moving when they shouldn't be. i.e., they should be fixed, but when I go to clip in I line up the front of my cleat with the front bar and push down to clip into the back bar, but instead of clipping in the back bar gets pushed down to the point that the two bars are too wide apart to clip into. Does that make sense? I can push the bars back into position with my hands, but they don't stay there after I clip in once or twice. So the bars are kind of moving on the spindle when they shouldn't be.

I hope that makes sense... do you think it's a problem the rebuild kit would fix? or are the clip in bars permanently damaged?