Old 07-17-09, 09:19 AM
roberth33tiger

Bikes: '93 Performance R203, '83 Bianchi 980

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings

Call me Bob. 76 years old. I live in El Segundo, CA, near LAX. Lived here all my life, except for a 2 year
stretch, working in Saudi Arabia. Worked as a mech/elec tech for 40 years, so I'm familiar with
wrenching and diagnosing malfunctioning devices. I retired in 1992 and took up walking as a form of
exercise, but after a year, my knees and hips were hurting continuously. AT that time, a friend suggested
'WE' buy bikes and ride them for exercise. He suggested I buy a hybrid, so i bought a giant hybrid and
started riding the So. Bay bike path, alone. The friend never did buy a bike. I haunted the LBS and became friends with owner. He took the mystery out of bike wrenching for me. Bought a Performance
lugged steel road bike in 1994. I put on flat bars, grip shift, and mnt bike crank and cassette. Bought
tools and learned some. In 1999, I got 1 of the first Atlantises. I built that one myself, again flat bar,
mtn bike gearing. About a year ago, I started having arrhythmia problems when I would rode. Dr. says
don't ride far or fast, so I just ride within a couple of miles of my house. I don't need the Atlantis now
and would like to sell it. Still enjoy the wrenching.