Old 07-18-09, 09:20 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by The Historian
So Wog, you aren't riding your bike. We know that. What we don't know is what you ARE doing. Tell us. Start a thread on a hike. Tell us about your judo class. Write on your run on the paths in Toronto. Let us know you are doing SOMETHING.

I'll be posting a thread about my hike today. I thought about you as I climbed. And climbed. And climbed.....
Well, I am riding a little, but there are times that it's well nigh difficult. Take today for example, conditions:

Temperature 20℃ / 72℉
Wind: W at 28km/h
Conditions: Cloudy threatening rain.
R.Humidity: 53%
Distance: 17km

Okay, first the temperature, this is mid July people, it's supposed to be the hottest time of year. It should be averaging 26℃ / 79℉, the wind was fine heading East, you had to be careful to steer West when going North or South, heading West was like riding through Chocolate Pudding. The distance is a lot shorter then I want rides to be this time of year, but even at that, I almost got doored, and nearly hit some old codger who forgot that an 8 sided red sign with the word stop on it, means stop and wait for traffic, and thought it meant stop then hit the gas. He was lucky though, if I had been driving one of those tank sized SUVs that are so common now, he would be occupying a slab at the city morgue.

I did try something new, I have tried to keep the tires at the maximum pressure on the tire 85PSI, I pumped the rear to about 92PSI, and it made a big difference, whether it's something I will keep doing or not, I don't know, I may try to find a tire that has a higher allowed pressure, but a similar width. I'll make that a separate thread though.

I think the biggest problem with motivation has been the weather, this week is forecasting rain for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday . I don't mind riding in a warm rain, but lately it's been cold rain, and that puts a damper on everythingm feels more like late May then mid July.

So anyway, I may plan a downtown ride for Friday, but I need to get in a couple more 15km rides first. Wife hasn't ridden since her crash, I need to get her going as well.