Old 07-20-09, 02:48 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since CF bikes tend to be more expensive - I am assuming the bike shop is pushing those. Times are tough - they need to sell those CF bikes somehow.

CF can be as harsh as Alumnium - it can also be as soft and flexible as steel or Ti. Frankly why not then look at a steel or Ti bike? For the same price or less... you get a much more durable bike with the same nice road feel.

As for performance... it really is about you, not the bike. So many people look for the easy way out - "if I have the lightest bike I would ride faster" " if I have a more flexible bike I would ride father". Frankly if you just got out there and rode, you could do both.

Instead of buying the CF bike, opt for a carbon handlebar and fork. That will soften your ride, if that is a problem. As for doubling performance... that's all about you and your training and fitness.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.