View Single Post
Old 07-20-09, 10:04 PM
mkeller234
Rustbelt Rider

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1420 - 1978 Raleigh Professional - 1973 Schwinn Collegiate - 1974 Schwinn Suburban

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 177 Posts
I know that chain skating feeling that you are talking about. I was using a flat toothed atom freewheel that would do that every once in a while. It almost caused me to crash at one point which was really frustrating. I swapped it out for a Shimano Uniglide and haven't had the problem since. The Shimano freewheel shifts a zillion times smoother too.

Originally Posted by -holiday76
I took my new to me '72 Fuji Finest on it's inaugural run this morning. After a few seat adjustments it performed flawlessly with the exception that the chain sometimes floates in between gears. Not sure what that is about. We did 20 miles together.

I love the bike, the ride is great. There is another thread on how I got it, basically from an old friend of my fathers. I was going to fix the bike up and give it back to my dads friend, but he declined and wants me to keep it. I then thought of selling it, but as I was riding it today I was thinking the history it has (my dad's friend was the original owner and him and my dad went on many adventures together over the years), how it rides, and how it fits me so well. There is no way I can sell it, and in fact some day maybe I'll give it to my son. I did after all receive it a week before he was born.

Until then, I'll keep riding it.

"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)