Old 07-21-09, 08:54 AM
Lazyrider
Banned

Bikes: Isaac Impulse, Litespeed Solano, Mongoose Bosberg, Trek 5500, (recently sold Litespeed Classic, Scott Speedster Flat bar)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VA_Esquire
why is lazyrider so annoying? he seems to be very jealous of others.

bet he is jealous of me and I am just a Cat5 =D
The reason why this topic comes up a lot (and I don't often start these threads btw), is because there is a distinct difference between people choosing to spend their money on a luxury (ie. car, watch, jewelry etc) and on a machine/tool that serves a function and is powered and controlled by the person.

This is NO DIFFERENT in my mind than someone who buys the most powerful tools (ie, Chainsaw, Bobcat etc) and cannot use it correctly. I personally exercise retraint when I engage in a new activity and see my "investment" in the sport/hobby etc in practical terms.

If you want to buy $10k in Diving equipment to use it twice and then let it rot in you crawl space, more power to you. But I think over-exuberance leads to waste in many cases. This is common sense and many of you arguing against this by saying "it is not your money" are just missing the greater point.

Yes, I can do whatever I want with my money. How about I go to the safe deposit box and take out $15k and flush it down the toilet? Please advise me on this because you guys are swaying me.