Old 07-22-09, 10:51 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
OOPS I interpreted "build" to mean a training phase....

But I can say the same things I did about a training phase as I just did about a new bike build, minus the endorphins of course . It's alot of fun when you're planning on getting new part(s) and get to decide what you want.

What have you decided for the ss/fg build? I had to sell mine recently to fund some new crankarms for the race bike (sob..sob). I put alot of miles in on that thing and am considering building a new one for base riding in rainy wet Humboldt County winter.
Traded my campy groupset on my trek 760 (backup road bike) for a cross frame, which I hope fits. We'll see.

Trek 760's getting built up with single speed/FG parts for funzies. I might try racing a crit with it in single speed setup just for *****s and giggles.

I bought a set of used DA 7800 bits for my CAAD9. All the 105 bits are going on the cross bike.

Though the cross bike might end up getting a DA FD if I can't trade my braze on DA fd for a clamp on 34.9 one. I'd prefer not to use a separate clamp as it's heavier. Oh well.

I'm excited. I need to get the SS built by the end of the week. I hope I'll get there. the parts should be here by the weekend and swapping brakes from the road bike, and assembling an SS/FG bike shouldn't be a big deal.

I think I'll wait till after the race on saturday though as swapping even brakes the night before a race doesn't sound so smart....

Originally Posted by Twigman503
Right now I'm halfway through my first week of the training program I made with the help of teh intarwebz and The Cyclist's Training Bible. Since I'm starting this program much earlier than this book seems to account for, it has left me with a huge amount of time to train. This has allowed me to put more emphasis on base miles and speed skills early on in the season and it has given me immense time to work on FTP and whatnot.
Keep it easy and remember not to increase mileage by more than 10% or so a week. You don't want to burn out.