Old 02-24-05, 12:01 PM
Rev.Chuck
The Red Lantern

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yamaguchi destiny

A customer picked this up in a pawn shop he works for, it was to big so he kept everything but the frame and one of our guys swapped for a lugged Trek we had set up for fixed. The frame was to big for this guy so he hung it up where I could walk past every day. Finally the stars aligned, he needed money, I had money, the frame is my size, an exchange was made.
SHe has a few flaws, there is a handlebar ding in the top tube, a small crack propagating at the seat clamp slot (It was not keyholed to prevent this for some reason) and various nicks and scratches including a surprising amount of tubular glue on the seat tube. The seat tube is a 56 and the top tube is 58, a touch long but so what. I am going to keyhole the seat post slot and braze up the crack, and place bumper over the dent.
The wheels in the shot are my first fixed wheels so I need to respace the rear for 120, redish and space for good chainline and I am replacing the QR axle with a solid one and track nuts. They are tubulars so I need to pick up some fresh rubber, Sprinters probably. I may end up changing the rear, it is a D/A freewheel hub, I am going to loctite the crap out of the cog and lock ring but it makes me a little nervous having no brake.
The cranks are Campy Stradas and it has a track BB so I am going to remove the ledges for the inner chain ring to get some clearance. BCD is 144 and I have a 42 for it so that is probably what I will run, with a 16 in the back. Don't know about pedals, probably Look.
It has a busted 105 headset right now, I am going to ditch it for a Campy one and a cinelli stem. Don't know about handlebars yet, either a track bar or an inverted, cut, drop bar. I think I have a Campy seatpost lined up and that leaves just the saddle, maybe a Brooks, but there is some paidfor for stuff laying around to look through first.
No brakes as there is no where to put them.

I am in the woods and I have gone crazy.