Old 07-25-09, 06:57 AM
125psi
Ti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cs1
Got my letter today, Ohio. WOW, I ordered something in Dec 2008 and got hit in March 2009. That's exactly when the letter said it happened. Why did they wait almost 4 months to let anyone know? That's outrageous to say the least. The discount code isn't worth it if they hack into my account again.

Because they might not have known right away. Other big beaches such as "Hanafords" or "TJ MAX" wasn't known immediately. Given the issue/crime and knowing how banks/visa works, NB will be a locked down in no time. The lock down means better software/hardware, security procedures and external security measures (e.g. periodic audits on the network(s) for one) No biz can work with negative publicity like this. If they don't comply with the measures and this occurs again the fines imposed are outrageous.

I got over $500 charges on a new EXXON card I got that I had never used. In Florida of all places...I'm from PNW. How? Someone hired internally got CC# and sold them. Just watch your statements weekly.

Just my $.02