View Single Post
Old 07-25-09, 10:44 PM
abstractform20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Order
Blue Order took some college courses. Then he got his B.A. Then he went to law school and got his Juris Doctor. Now he works for a law firm.

Some fools think that their lack of legal expertise somehow trumps that.

EDIT: BTW, bar exam courses cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $3,000 dollars (guesstimate), and take two months of full-time study. The bar exam alone costs in the neighborhood of $750 (guesstimate). Bar dues are $3,000 annually. I see no need to spend that kind of cash (assuming I even had that kind of cash) just to demonstrate to some fool on the internet that my Juris Doctor represents years of legal study that he doesn't have, especially when I consider that after passing the bar exam, I will be doing the exact same job I am doing now.

2nd EDIT: My firm regularly receives letters of inquiry from newly-minted attorneys who have been admitted to the bar, and who would give their right arms to have my job. Strange, isn't it, that my boss keeps me on when he could have a "real lawyer" at the same pay level? Stranger still that he hasn't hired a "real expert" from the interwebz.
for the price of free i can search anything regarding any law on the internet and for the cost of riding my bicycle i can go to any library i choose and read the same books that cost money to have at these schools of law.

the education system, like much of social institutions, is bs.

funny thing when people must go in debt to be validated to have learned information; if they are not validated from such institutions then preexisting corporations and businesses will not view them as credentialed.