View Single Post
Old 07-26-09, 01:25 PM
haimtoeg
Magnesium Dogmatic

Bikes: Look 585 Ultra, Pinarello Dogma, Pegoretti Duende, Orbea, Cannondale Capo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by monosierra
True, but like I said, remember the context. I'm not using the term Asian in a vacuum - I mean it in a physical, sporting sense. The Central Asians are far stronger than Oriental Asians physically, and are almost like Caucasians in that respect. Going by the continental argument, then Russians are arguably Asians as well, but that line of argument is pointless when we're talking about physical strength.

My point is that the TdF is one of the toughest, if not the toughest, sporting event in the world. For an Asian who's of the branch typically regarded as physically weaker i.e. the Orients, completing the race is a feat. If all Asians were as strong as the Central Asians, then of course I won't mention this at all. Please try to understand this from our perspective, as 'Asians'. You're clearly seeing this very scientifically (and correctly, I might add), but unfortunately that's missing the point in this case. I don't want to use the term 'yellow-skinned'.
It's an interesting way to use political correctness to wrap bigotry.