-_RebelRidin'_-
"STAT"

Bikes: Trek 3900. 2007 Kona Dawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bosock
You may find it hard to believe but that is the way it is. I was overseas (Japan and Korea) for 13 years as a civil service worker for the Department of Defense. Anytime i bought a computer, bike, whatever, I paid to have them ship it to my APO address in SF and that was it. Generally it was two day ground shipping cost as if I was stateside (SF to be exact). Maybe in the last 5 years things have changed, but I truly doubt it. Check with your installation post office and you might get surprized...that or they have changed there policy on that. Which I would find hard to believe that they would make you pay extra to have US items shipped to you because you are serving overseas. Everyone I was stationed with encountered the same thing...fact of the matter, i remember purchasing a computer (Dell) and telling them it was not international shipping, they went and checked, and sure enough said i only paid for the shipping to SF.
I'm afraid they don't do that for active duty. My dad's getting charged 26 dollars shipping and handling for a 14 dollar IPOD armband...

maybe because you were a contracted civilian things were different.

... Budget cuts lol.

but we have to pay for stuff to be shipped to our APO box here in Germany. half the stuff they wont ship to us, so we have to send it to family stateside and have them ship it over and re-pay them.