View Single Post
Old 07-27-09, 10:02 AM
kawasaki4life

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So confused!!!! Help me!!!

Ok so i decided i wanted a fixie right after i got my roadbike and started riding that. So i have a $20 allowance now and idk what to do. Because at first i though buying new was the way to go. And buying it new would only be llike $600 and i will have earned $400 by christmas and my parents said they would give me the remaining money for christmas if i still wanted it. But then, i looked on craigslist and i found some bikes that were $300 but they looked like they had better parts on them. Like stronger rims, and cooler paint jobs and stuff like that. So now im not sure whether to buy NEW or USED. and i know next to nothing about parts of a fixie.

So basically what im asking here is should i buy new or used? and when i go to buy a bike how do i know if it has good parts?

Also as far a brands: i have grown up on a bianchi and i really like them. But if another bike comes my way then thats fine 2

plus i dont want to order from the internet just beacause i cant ride it or anything id rather buy it from a bike shop. So from the comments im getting, im guessing u guys suggest buying new, and i assume that means that they have strong parts on them then

Last edited by kawasaki4life; 07-27-09 at 10:19 AM.