View Single Post
Old 07-27-09, 12:03 PM
dsh
Oh, you know...

Bikes: '74 Schwinn Sports Tourer (Polo), S-Works E5 Team Festina (Chorus 11), Trek 2200 Bonded Carbon (Fixed), Trek 920 (7 speed IGH), Chesini Olimpiade SL (1x7)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zachee
Hate to put words in peoples' mouths, but I believe he was talking about the kid stopping riding. Not him breaking a new bikesdirect bike because it's cheap.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Guess I wasn't clear enough. A BD bike is probably his best option no matter when he decides to get it, I'm just saying he should wait until he knows whether cycling is something he'll really be into rather than throwing $300 after a fad he won't care about in 6 months. It sounds like he's got a fine road bike he can be riding right now.

To Kawasaki: Wait until Christmas man.

A) You'll get $200 more bike (because your parents said they would help you out with the rest of it).
B) You'll have a better idea of whether bikes is something you're really into (from riding your road bike). If you buy a KiloTT now and in a couple months decide you don't like riding that much, you'll have wasted $300.
C) You'll know more about bikes, so you won't come off so much as a "I just got my sweet fixie even though I don't know the first thing about bikes."

It's win-win-win. RIDE YOUR ROAD BIKE.