View Single Post
Old 07-30-09, 10:37 AM
bab2000

Bikes: riders:Schwinn Continental ('80), Specialized Crossroads Sport ('07), Schwinn Super Sport (73), Schwinn Superior (76), Projects: Schwinn Sprint ('74), Trek 800 & Schwinn Continental ('71)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Being diabetic, I have been enjoying diet soda for some time, regular soda is now way to syrupy to my taste.

I however noticed while visiting my mother, (no soda in the house), that even with her conventional cooking methods and exposure to cakes and breads and other yummy deserts my fasting glucose test each morning was lower by 10 points on morning, then 15 the next.

A emergency trip for a funeral of a uncle, I had the same experience, lower glucose readings, even after a meal out of Chinese, w/o white rice, 25 points, lower than the previous 24 hours.

Return home the next day was normal, and a soda while watching the Tour de France, (Fresca), and no additional snacks. The next morning, my readings were back at higher level????

I thought through my previous experiences and realized the only item different between being home and visiting mom, was no soda. Water, ice cold water for my thrist.

So I followed the same routine at home, water instead of soda. The next morning the readings were lower, and continued each day since.

Besides my fasting results, I now experience lower highs after meals, with readings now predictably in the normal ranges.

These results have been consist for the last few weeks, and my daily weight fluctuations have been also eliminated.

For me, water is now the first choice when thirsty. A cold beer (MGD) is yet in the fridge, for special occasions, and I will let the kids clean up the sodas when they visit.