Old 07-31-09, 04:44 AM
Ajenkins
Dogs like me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by seajaye
Maybe I should have said that illegal cycling is more practical. But, it can also be just as safe as following traffic laws, if you're smart about it. And in some cases, it may be the most sensible choice.

[snip]

I think one of the biggest issues is the lack of coherent and complete bicycle-specific traffic laws (But, that doesn't necessarily mean people would follow them if they were around). Like I said before, we aren't cars, and until a bicycle somehow transforms into a 2-ton metal box around us, some people aren't going to ride them the same way they drive cars.
I have to agree with maddyfish. These are just lame excuses for laziness. I lived car-free in Boston, with my bicycle as my primary transport, before the term "car-free" became a bumper-sticker rallying cry; I've lived in the suburbs of a metropolitan area, again using my bicycle more than anything else; and now I live in the country.

Pretty much everywhere, red means stop, green means go, and you ride with the traffic. It's pretty freakin' simple, it works, and I love to see all the whimperin' and whamperin' that goes on for excuses not to follow the law.

Except, of course, Joey. He's just in a different reality.

Last edited by Ajenkins; 07-31-09 at 04:48 AM.