View Single Post
Old 07-31-09, 05:20 AM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
It can be very hard to keep one's composure when the fight or flight response kicks in. My rational self understands that it doesn't matter how big, strong, or efficient my fighting prowess might be - I'm no match for someone driving a two ton vehicle. For my part it is always an effort to keep my "knee jerk" reaction of wanting to eliminate the threat from taking over in such situations. Yet, it is what I try to do. I believe there are other ways to confront such hostile behavior. One is to get the license plate number (or take a quick photo) and report it to the police. In your particular situation, I would be inclined to report it to the police even without the license number or photo. Do you remember the make of the car or how the driver looks? There is a reasonable chance that if he was pulling out of the VFW he may be a regular. I encourage you to follow up on this so this driver knows his behavior is not going to go unreported. (In my youth I probably would have revisited the VFW at another time, looked for the car and flattened all the tires. But I like to think that I've matured over the years.) BTW, glad you weren't injured.

Last edited by NOS88; 08-01-09 at 06:50 AM.