djnzlab1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
similar experience

HI,
this actually happened today ..
I had a truck cross the road to pull in a driveway nothing seemed to be out of order,except as I got closer he backed up on to the road blocking the two lanes in both directions (two lane country road)the older truck actually blocked both side of the road., I dind't notice what had happened until I was very close. My bad for glancing down for one second I was ridding on the lower bars , Ive noticed my head tends to lean forward and down to improve air flow you can miss things in a milli-second.
I managed to slide by his front bumper just missing the mailbox with my right shoulder, got a little gravel, fish tailed a bit as I went off the road. And managed to stay uprightand got back on the road never stopped.
I didn't even look back..
I was partially at fault as was he.
He sat there for a few seconds I guess he was surprised how close I came to his front bumper.
My adrenalin was really flowing my heart rate Jumped up to over my max.
Its called fight or flight response, it can improve you reflexes but may cause verbal altercations.
Accidents are lapses in attention be it ridding fatigue,cell phones and cars don't mix, and not ridding defensively.
I will be more carefull in the future.
Doug

PSPS remember theres mental disease going untreated in this country, think of someone driving a car who's clinically depressed , or worse has bi-polar disease they can have sever fits of rage and can make them want to harm someone. Some people don't take their meds, and this may trigger violent reactions for nothing. so that car driver maybe a little
crazy and looking for a fight.

Last edited by djnzlab1; 07-31-09 at 10:03 AM.