Ga. boy
Did U Trek 2day?

Bikes: Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DanBraden
AMEN! Say it brothah Panthah! And kudos to all those who take what they have, and work to make it better instead of abandoning it on a whim!

Those aero bars will be a great upgrade to make you more competitive with other cyclists. As panther put so well, you'll be able to enjoy all sorts of different terrain, that would require more technical expertise on a straight road bike. Look into increasing the size of your crank, some pretty affordable ones can be found at bikeisland. Also clipless pedals (spd are my favorite) can be a wonderful performance enhancer. I'm not saying you'll be faster than lance or contador, but you will notice a personal increase in speed (placebo effect? Oh I'm SO sure...)

Edit:: oops
I have been reading that adding clipless pedals and shoes can help out a lot actually. From what I understand you use your upstroke and down strokes. In addition to that the harder sole of the shoe preserves energy transfer. Right now I am riding with my air max on so they are plenty soft and may actually be some what of a handicap from what I have been reading. Can any one verify or disprove this? Also will any shoes work with any pedals? For instance would Bontrager road shoes work with look pedals?
Thanks for the replies.