Old 02-26-05, 11:22 PM
peripatetic

Bikes: All 70s and 80s, only steel.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xylx
Will someone please explain to me why people are paying more for USED parts on Ebay than they could buy the new part for mailorder? I've been watching Truvativ Stylo SS cranks on Ebay for weeks now and they are routinely going for more than you can buy them from several mailorder companies. I'm not talking about outboard bearing models either these are identical ISIS parts. Even the shipping is more on Ebay for half of the offerings. I don't get it.

Yeah, it's weird. They do the same thing when it comes to power tools and earphones. I saw these expensive ($100+) Shure earphones selling for more than in they do in local hi-fi shops WITH tax. We're talking one transaction after another, every few minutes. People get addicted, and they forget what they're originally searching for, and they stumble upon something else and they get into a bidding war and they don't bother doing their research (as a previous poster pointed out.) I got lucky once and found a bunch of stuff being offered by an LBS and managed to avoid all shipping costs--think it was NOS that they were trying to clear out. Walked into the shop having bought stuff for a fraction of the price I would have if I had purchased it directly!