Old 08-02-09, 04:36 PM
Hill-Pumper

Bikes: 2016 Niner RLT Steel, 2015 GT Grade Carbon 105, 2014 NS Bikes Eccentric, 2013 Norco Sight Killer B-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's official, I'm a little guy, now what?

It's official, I slipped well into the little guy ranks this week. I got my Clyde Emeritus certificate last year when I hit 199 pounds. Unfortunately, I went back to 213 over the winter and had to lose all of it back. This year I tried a different approach, since last year I lost 4-6 pounds of muscle in the process. I had a trainer at the gym develop a circuit weight training routine to try to keep more muscle on. The results have been harder to gain this year, but more satisfying. Last year at 199 I had 21.1 percent body fat with 156 pounds of lean body mass. This year, I am at 194 pounds and have 160 pounds of of lean body mass at 17.4 percent body fat. I still have a little bit more of a belly then I want, but my 4 year old daughter tells people that I am skinny So, the question where do I go from here. I can ride everything that I have set out to do so far with little problem, riding wise at least. My trainer, who is the top female time trial rider in her age division, wants me to try doing a TT . I opened my mouth and told her I would do it if she could get me down to 185 pounds. That would require that I get down into the 13.5 percent body fat range, which is lower then I have ever been in my adult life. I'm not sure that I can get that low, and really don't know if I want to either, but it might be fun to try.