Old 08-03-09, 05:52 PM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
I do have it covered on the helmet side....

I recently bought myself a Bell Euro Delirium model helmet to use. I know I still have my old Avenir foam helmet with the lycra covering somehwere in my garage, but I think that it's not safe to use anymore after all these years. The Bell Delirium is supposed to be an MTB helmet, but I could not tell the difference from other Bell road helmets and other brands, except that the Deliriumd does have a visor, which fortunately is removabel, if I don't want to use it.
I think "repechage" is correct about the Bellweather polyprop jacket. It looks kinda OK at first glance, but it seems to have lost all its shape and it's pilling badly and feels thin in many areas, maybe making the material less effective for wicking away moisture from the body. The front shell also does not seem to be as moisture and wind resistant looking as I remember it when it was brand new. It might be too far gone to wear. I'm also almost afraid to wear the Descent Seven-Eleven pattern jersey though. I'm thinking that the nice jersey might start falling apart as soon as I wash it, specially all the nice rubberized painted on Descent chevron graphics it has on its sleeves. Same with the Austro Daimler jersey. Maybe I'll just wear them for cool weather rides over thin thermal turtlenecks, so I avoid exposing them to too much wear. Never really liked the later "splashy" designs and colors for jerseys, but I did notice that more basic graphics are starting to come back in some way....there might be hope in finding something new that I like.
BTW, how do you guys like those spacey looking synthetic chamois I see in the newest biking shorts (Specialized)? Do they work any better than the real chamois padding??

Chombi
84 Peugeot PSV