wxmcpo
Beginning Rider

Bikes: 2008 Specialized Allez Elite / 2016 Tarmac Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dahoyle
If you need to trick your self into riding, maybe you should just trade it in on a big screen and a recliner.
Actually already have that.

Seriously, I don't know how to answer that. The first thing would be to enjoy it, and if that doesn't work for you, and your dis-satisfaction with your self image doesn't work for you, there isn't much I can say that will do the trick.
I thoroughly enjoyed it when I first got the bike and was out every weekend doing 100 miles. Like most things I do I go full steam right from the get-go, I don't know any other way. I think that simply burned me out, that and the fact that I started going to school in the evenings. So full time job, school in the evenings and family commitments something had ot give and I guess it was the weekend biking. I'm still 15 weeks away from finishing my degree, but the self image thing is starting to get to me and thus the whole wanting to get back in the saddle. I actually got up this morning and went for a jog and that's how my whole fitness craze started last year so maybe I have begun again. I sure hope I did.

Try to find the fun in it, and forget about the 30 lbs. If you can do that, you will drop the weight. Buy a fat tire cruiser, and hit the beaches. I know if I was in Hawaii, I know the scenery I would be riding for.
Can't do the fat tire cruiser. I do go out on my motorcycle on the weekends and trust me I do get plenty of the scenery in.