Old 08-04-09, 09:02 AM
paul_858
SD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blacksquid
Damn! I'm feeling pretty good about the Calfee Luna Pro I just built up. Not exactly new but for ~$1100 I've got a Luna Pro frame painted purple fade with a matching Alpha Q Sub 3 fork running 2008 Campy Chorus.

I picked up the frameset on ebay for $510 and I was lucky enough to find a "donor" bike on ebay with 2008 Chorus for $1250. I moved the Chorus group (shifters, brakes, FD, RD, and chain) over to the Calfee and was able to sell the donor frameset and wheels (tubulars with 2 extra tires and an extra rim) for $700. I can sell a few more item from the donor bike and recoup another $100 maybe.

In the end, with a little bit of work and a lot of luck, I've got myself a nice Calfee for ~$1100.

You can build up a very nice bike on the cheap if you're patient and or lucky. It helps to know when to use BIN on ebay.
That's a great buy/build man. I ended up going new on almost all of the parts so that doesn't help cut costs. In the end I'm very happy with my bike and really need to find more time to ride it at this point.