View Single Post
Old 08-04-09, 01:35 PM
bobthib
Legs; OK! Lungs; not!

Bikes: ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, ''11 Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Well, after much fiddling and fussing, and a quick tutorial on adjusting linear pull brakes, ( http://www.exchangecycletours.org/V-brake.htm ) I now feel the bike is safe to ride in traffic. I did have to true the wheels to perfection, and then followed the tutorial, and guess what? I can really stop the bike! The were a bit noisy at first but several hard stops seemed to work that out. I'll still install the avid 7s with Koolstop pads when they arrive friday.

I also found that the front derailler was bent slightly (in shipping) and a minor adjustment with the pliers, and now no ticking on the big ring! I had not been riding the big ring since my wife and I didn't need it, and when I finally was able to shift to it, the noise was annoying. I thought it was the limit adjustment but it turned out to be the bent derailleur.

I have ordered a Control Tech Tandem Stoker Stem (adjustable) so no matter who is the stoker I can fit them. Also got a 400mm seat post for my son (6'4")

I'm looking forward to tonight's ride with the bride. Now that we cans safely venture out into traffic, we'll be able to expand our horizons a bit. Perhaps we'll cruise down to the strip for a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I think we may turn a few heads. I don't recall ever seeing another tandem in town.