Old 08-04-09, 05:06 PM
14max

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jasony0423
I had planned all along to get a roof rack for my car, because it's a hatchback, and I don't have a hitch, so my options are severely limited. I checked today, and there's no factory roof rack available from my dealer, and when I checked Thule, it says no fit available. My bike will fit in the back, but I have to take the seat off, so I was hoping for another alternative.
Yakima makes 2 gutterless mount system that will work for you. I found them at Rack Attack (www.rackattack.com)

Yakima Gutterless Mount Rack System Option
System Price: $387.20 - Locks Included
Maximum Weight 125 lbs.
Bar Spread 24 inches

This system includes:

Yakima Q Towers - $127.20
Yakima Q78 Clip - $28.00
Yakima Q78 Clip - $28.00
Yakima Q Stretch Kit - $104.00
Yakima 48 inch Cross Bars - $56.00
Yakima 4 Pack SKS cores - $44.00
The Yakima Q Towers shown are sold as a set of 4 towers, and requires 2 pairs of Q Clips, along with 1 pair of Yakima Load Bars and 4 Yakima lock cylinders to complete your base rack system. The Q Clips shown are specific to your vehicle, whereas the Q Towers can be used on most vehicles, as can the Load Bars. If you want to carry numerous accessories you can consider choosing Load Bars which are longer than the ones shown.

Yakima Gutterless Mount Rack System Option
System Price: $283.20 - Locks Included
Maximum Weight 125 lbs.
Bar Spread 18 inches

This system includes:

Yakima Q Towers - $127.20
Yakima Q78 Clip - $28.00
Yakima Q78 Clip - $28.00
Yakima 48 inch Cross Bars - $56.00
Yakima 4 Pack SKS cores - $44.00
The Yakima Q Towers shown are sold as a set of 4 towers, and requires 2 pairs of Q Clips, along with 1 pair of Yakima Load Bars and 4 Yakima lock cylinders to complete your base rack system. The Q Clips shown are specific to your vehicle, whereas the Q Towers can be used on most vehicles, as can the Load Bars. If you want to carry numerous accessories you can consider choosing Load Bars which are longer than the ones shown.