Old 08-06-09, 07:24 AM
go4gr8
Mountain goat

Bikes: BMC Team Machine SLR01, (RIP) BMC Team Machine SLT01, CDale SuperV400, Cramerotti Genius Nivacrom, C'Dale R600

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by siulonbow
Hi all,

I am pretty new in riding bike, I found out that I have a big issue riding my bike going downhill. A downhill with 6-11% decline, I can only ride 9-10 mph that I feel like I almost fall. I wondered how were you able to train yourself riding fast going downhill? I have no problem riding fast on flat (22-28mph), but I am kinda scared when it’s going down. I have to constantly braking. I like riding uphill because I can train my leg and expand my lung, but I am just worry riding downhill. Can anyone please give me advise on how to overcome this problem? Thanks
Another thing you could do is go on Youtube or some race video where they are showing descending and watch how the pros do it. Studying how others do it might help you get some inspiration and motivation to improve.

Riding with someone also helps. Maybe make a competition out of it and for sure, you'll want to beat your friend and not even think about (the fear of) descending.