Old 08-06-09, 02:31 PM
enormungus
I ride.

Bikes: Colony BMX build, an abused Rocky Mountain MTB and an old Trek road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i dont mind working on brakes either. i used to hate it until i learned what i was doing. my bike is already too heavy to notice the weight difference too.

Originally Posted by RepWI
Go ahead, ride breakless as long as my tax money is not spent to care for you if you should get in an accident.

No wheelchairs, no brain surgery, no nursing homes...nothing.

Be brave but do not suck off of me.
how does this contribute to this thread at all? let me guess, you're trying to give us a reality or something, right? riding brakeless isnt about being "brave". for me, its about forcing myself to change the way I ride and to learn how to do things differently. when you dont have brakes to save you, it forces you to look further ahead and be more aware of your environment and whats going on in it. ive never been in a situation where something has surprised me or where ive needed stop suddenly because of this and my bike doubles as my main mode of transportation in downtown savannah, ga. There are a couple of kids who live in my neighborhood who's parents have raised them with the same mindset that you seem to have. they're too afraid to try anything new because theres a chance they could get hurt or fail. they're most likely going to spend their lives so afraid of being hurt or dying that they will probably die without ever really "living" their life. please dont post if you're going to be complaining about something that none of us have done or if you're going to be posting more irrelevent close minded comments