Old 08-07-09, 12:56 PM
tigershark

Bikes: 2009 Allez Elite, 1980s Fuji Palisade

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just got my first "modern" road bike! Pics inside!

So after procrastinating on buying a road bike for about a year I finally did it! I had a chance last november to get an '09 Madone 4.5 for $1700 through my college cycling club. I decided not to buy it at the last minute because it was my first year and I wanted to make sure I had time to study and get my priorities straight from the get go. I didn't want to go race without being prepared because I spent time studying instead of biking. I hadn't biked much since the end of last year.

Now I'm starting to get back into cycling because I know I'll be able to balance school and cycling as long as I mange my time better and today I finally purchase an '09 Specialized Allez Elite! I looked at caa9 5s but I couldn't get those to fit right and then I was going to look at Giants but they didn't have anything in my price range that I was interested in and I was going to look at a Jamis yesterday but the guy at the LBS that sold them didn't even seem to care that I was there. Thus I settled on the Allez because it fits great and this LBS is great too.

I also got some new road pedals and shoes and a computer to go with it because I had been on mountain bike clipless since last year.

Anyway here are the pictures, tell me what you think? I'll also post pictures of my dad's fuji from the 80s that I've been riding. How should I set this up to make it more of a "racer?" It may look like the handlebars go upward in the pictures but they're actually flat, it's just the angle of the picture. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0085.jpg (100.2 KB, 245 views)
DSC_0086.jpg (80.4 KB, 40 views)
DSC_0087.jpg (102.5 KB, 111 views)
DSC_0089.jpg (100.5 KB, 101 views)