View Single Post
Old 08-08-09, 10:15 PM
Poolagoo

Bikes: 2009 Giant Boulder SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats, I started of at 5 miles every time out and am now up to 20 ... pace yourself and you'll be better in the long run imo. I 've been riding for nearly 2 months now and was dead set on avoiding the scale but I hopped on one today and , much to my surprise I've lost 25 lbs. I always think it's great if I find someone riding a tad faster than me that can kind of set my pace, I generally hope I can find a target I can keep up with or lap to inspire me a bit, I meanno harm. That said I was wondering if I was in the wrong yesterday.. I ran into a guy who was doing about the same speed as me , I could have passed him but probably wouldn't have ben able to sustain the speed to make it worth my while so I drafted him a bit from about 25 feet back. I kind of sensed some displeasure from this but didn't know if I was in the wrong or not. On one hand if I pass him and can't sustain my speed I look like a jerk but on the other hand I couldnt go any slower without taking a long break.. did I do the right thing?