Old 08-10-09, 05:38 PM
tyrade

Bikes: Look 585

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waterrockets
Of course, training AWC can give you more matches as well, but I think your power profile indicates that FTP improvement is more likely, and probably more beneficial. When I gave up AWC training, and focused on FTP training, my 1' power still went up 100W, while my FTP went from 320W to 350W. So, I had more matches, and I'd reset my match wattage. Now, in M35+ races, I get to choose when to lay down the hurt.

Just for clarity, this would be "anaerobic work capacity," but I think my reply above explains my thinking on this.
Yes, anaerobic work capacity.

WR, when you say you stopped AWC training...not sure what you mean. I know you like your 1125211 workout, but isn't that AWC? Or do you consider that anaerobic, period? I recall from posts way back that you made substantial gains by focusing on FTP training. To date, I've been working on what I know to be my limiter, so hill intervals have been a staple for me. They have helped, but I just get dropped on the later climbs rather than the first one A fresh approach with more FTP focus seems to be the consensus.

Grumpy, I considered that I might be overtrained. But I peaked in mid-May and have made no gains since. I've been diligent about 1 rest week per 4 week block, and my weekly workloads have not been high. That said, pretty much ALL of my interval work has been in the VO2max, AWC, and anaerobic ranges since then.

So, 2x20 at what frequency? 1/wk?