View Single Post
Old 08-10-09, 09:37 PM
Scummer
Genetics have failed me

Bikes: Norwid Aaland, Radon Slide 140, Elom 505 Titan, Dahon mju, Pedalforce CX1, Battaglin Power+, Old MTB and lots of spare parts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SMH707
Thanks for the vote of confidence. While I am doing well this year (so far), I am still a second year rider--and still very nervous nonetheless regarding this ride. I really have wanted to ride this area for some time now, and want to go back again and ride the final climb of the HHH. I think the weight factor, plus my weightlifting background, are what have allowed me to progress so well this year with climbing (and being able to drop my buddies pretty easily on the climbs). For once being short and light is an asset!
Ok. Just for clarification. The self loathing department doesn't take any more applications. The spots are already filled by Mr. Psi and myself. Since we are two fat bastards who are definitely too slow for this sport.

Now, that being said. I have done the 200k DD last year and I had only cycled for one year after a 10 year hiatus and I made it.... barely. I think the only one who was in worse condition than me after the ride was aham23, he was really white in the face.

So again. No worries. Make sure you got your drinking and eating down and you will be doing just fine.