genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by serge
I'm not saying ALL bike lanes are the same in every respect.
But you ARE trying to treat ALL bike lanes the same. Just as you assume that all black jelly beans taste the same. You will never in fact know until you have tried them all. Therefore, you cannot make a blanket statement about ALL of them. Especially with regard to the future. (as noted in post 45: "I'm arguing against ALL bike lanes past, present and future, regardless of location, that fit the description 'a lane designated for cyclists which is painted alongside vehicular lanes and from which motorists are generally restricted from driving'")

You certainly cannot argue against a bike lane painted along a limited access freeway, which is quite functional, and it does indeed fit your description: "a lane designated for cyclists which is painted alongside vehicular lanes and from which motorists are generally restricted from driving."

I am avoiding your descriptive absolutes here... I believe in exceptions... chaos theory and quantum mechanics both support me.

Originally Posted by serge
...will you agree to stop saying that my argument does not apply to all bike lanes...
As I was able to offer an exception, (the limited access freeway) so I cannot agree to your terms.