View Single Post
Old 03-01-05, 08:00 PM
gally99
cripple

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*used to be san francisco, currently oakland/berkeley...
*5-40, depends...
*yes...
*i haven't really had a puncture problem but i've slowly been realizing that i pay more attention to road condition than many people...
*conti top touring 2000- great if you don't skid... took me a month or two to break through the rubber with a lot of skidding (but i have a brake on that bike) but as soon as the threads showed just a little bit it spread like cancer...
vittoria- forget what kind, but they were the only 27 inchers the shop had- sidewall faded and started cracking 2 weeks, saw the threads in 3 weeks or so, blew out skidding in a month or so... threw the front one on the back, looking almost new (except the sidewall), and blew it out skidding in a week or so...
soma- the ones with the hipster on the box... i think the same ones onetinsloth is talking about- i killed the back in about three weeks, tossed the front (the kevlar bead makes it really easy to fold up and stick in the trash)
michellin hi-lite prestige- killed the back in a little over a month, still have the front and it's in great shape...
michellin pro race- only have it in the back, but it's held up to riding brakeless for about three months and still looks damn near new (i haven't been able to ride in a couple months)... plus it's almost entirely colored which i thought was pretty keen...

i like to ride high pressure on all my tires, and all of these have felt real firm except for the contis... always felt a little squishy/bouncy to me...